Boys basketball season is finally here! Join The Get Around for a season preview of our top area teams and a conversation with TC Central basketball players Peyton Smith, Josh Burnham and Henry Goldkuhle before their season begins.
Hope College football center Zach Smith, who graduated from Suttons Bay High School, was chosen to the 2019 American Football Coaches Association NCAA Division III All-America Team.
FRANKFORT — Just because it was the first game of the season doesn’t mean the drama and late-game heroics are not already on full display.
BENZONIA — The Amy Drake era at Traverse City West didn’t start quite the way she would have liked, but she will definitely accept the result.
BIG RAPIDS — The Traverse City Bay Reps kept their winning ways alive this weekend, taking the championship in the Big Rapids Tournament over Wyandotte by a score of 2-1.
DETROIT — Glen Lake made the 265-mile trip to Ford Field for the Division 6 state title game on Friday, but fell just a few inches short of the school’s first state title since 1994.
The Get Around welcomes Glen Lake football players Reece Hazelton and Brady McDonough after the Lakers' 31-30 overtime semifinal win over Montague to earn a Division 6 state championship berth at Ford Field.
TRAVERSE CITY — Nick Sommerfield scored two goals and Ethan VanderRoest assisted two as Traverse City Central opened up the hockey season with a 3-1 win over Northville.
GREENVILLE — Beaming with confidence and a strong, ruckus crowd of Kingsley faithful making the travel to Greenville, the Stags entered Saturday’s football game expecting to win and head to Ford Field next week for the state finals.
TRAVERSE CITY — The hockey season kicked off in a grand way Friday for Traverse City West. The Titans shut out state power Northville 2-0 at Howe Arena in Traverse City.
This Week's Circulars
- Coveted muscle car re-emerges from Leelanau County
- West Side Beverage going up, out
- R-E attorney responds to FOIA denial; recall effort hits snag
- 'Credible' tip received in Benzie missing woman case
- Gander Outdoors of Traverse City closes
- Kalkaska Village among first to host recreational-licensed weed businesses
- Meet the Chef ... Bryant Betts
- Charges for woman accused of $100k+ embezzlement
- 2019 Northern Michigan Football League All-Conference Team
- Microbrewery UBrew headed to downtown Traverse City