PETOSKEY — Traverse City West bounced back in a big way from a turnover-plagued first half to beat Petoskey 27-21.
TRAVERSE CITY — The same day Traverse City Central revealed another positive COVID-19 test, the Michigan High School Athletic Association announced winter sports would start on time.
George Bremer and Bill Burt debate the top teams in the AFC and NFC; Kevin Brockway and Elton Hayes prep for the opening of Big Ten football season; and Clay Horning riffs on the ways the Rays play baseball.
Charlevoix senior Luke Snyder joins us to talk about the 5-0 Rayders' big game this week against 4-1 Glen Lake, and we preview all the football action this weekend.
TRAVERSE CITY — Tens of thousands of parents have asked for the science and data behind Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's September executive order requiring athletes in organized sports to wear face masks.
This Week's Circulars
- Northern Lower Michigan sees 8% jump in COVID-19 cases in last week
- Central High School shut down for 2 days after positive COVID-19 case
- Two COVID-19 deaths reported in Grand Traverse, Roscommon counties
- Flooding halts drivers; rain to continue
- Implicit bias, white privilege on the agenda at Leelanau training
- National Guard halts testing events statewide after soldiers infected with COVID-19
- Namesake of Don's Drive-In dies
- Cass Road floods, property owners steamed
- More Traverse City sites tapped as possible COVID-19 public exposure sites
- Officials report 10K gallon sewage spill in Beulah; flushed wet wipes caused a clog