FIFE LAKE — Forest Area became the fourth area high school football team to shut down its season in the last four years.
Listen for all you need to know about this year's TC Patriot Game between cross-town rivals Traverse City West and Traverse City Central.
TRAVERSE CITY — Anthony Mantha loudly bellowed “Oh, bulls--t!!!” when called for offsides in the second period Sunday, much to the Centre Ice Arena crowd’s delight.
BELLAIRE — Onekama pulled away in the second half for a 48-12 over Bellaire in eight-player football play Saturday.
TRAVERSE CITY — Once upon a time, Adam Nightingale’s parents stood dutifully beside Cheboygan’s outdoor rink, watching their son play hockey and waiting to help shovel snow off the ice between periods.
CHEBOYGAN — The Boyne City Ramblers used some fourth-quarter magic to earn their first win of the season over Cheboygan 28-22 on Friday at Cheboygan.
TRAVERSE CITY — The Titans and Trojans started their rivalry match on Wednesday with a moment of silence to remember those whose lives were lost on 9/11.
BOYNE CITY — Boyne City hosted their home invitational on Tuesday using a co-ed relay format where one boy and one girl from each school ran together for a single time.
TRAVERSE CITY — Traverse City West topped rival Traverse City Central for the second time this season after the Titans hadn’t beaten the Trojans in over 15 years.
- Pot goes pro in Kalkaska
- Community split on suspended Kalkaska superintendent
- Brouhaha at St. Ambrose Cellars
- Honor Bank building offices in TC
- Ironman: Second thoughts about AG request
- Ironman angst: Leelanau may file complaint over road closures
- Starr headed for trial
- Benzie residents stonewall proposed gravel pit
- Turnovers aid St. Francis vs. Benzie
- Michigan man 'deeply sorry' for raping, killing girl