MAPLE CITY — Jonathan Wright doesn’t think he’ll be able to escape being coached by Jerry Angers.
TRAVERSE CITY — Traverse City West head coach Ed Johnson found himself scrambling to set up the starting tent and gates at the fourth annual Peppi Teichner Town Slalom held at Hickory Hills on Friday.
FIFE LAKE — Forest Area standout shortstop Chase Ingersoll thinks his parents must have driven him a couple thousand miles this summer and fall visiting schools and showcases.
EAST LANSING — Four local athletes are among 120 finalists for the Michigan High School Athletic Association’s Scholar-Athlete Awards for the 2019-20 school year, presented by Farm Bureau Insurance. The list was released Tuesday afternoon.
For the first time, East Jordan students join The Get Around! Listen for a great chat with Red Devils' senior basketball players Jackson Raymond and Jayden Weber.
Breaking Boundries: How the 'Brothers of Destruction' are changing the narrative of living with a disability in 26.2 miles
TRAVERSE CITY — The North American Vasa will be celebrating it’s 44th anniversary on Feb. 8-9. Volunteer Coordinator, Kelley Peterson, has requested a few more volunteers to help stage the ten cross country ski races, two fatbike races and a new snowshoe race.
TRAVERSE CITY — Traverse City Central coach Travis Schuba had only seen one buzzer beater in his three years of coaching the Trojans.
ELK RAPIDS — It’s been a long seven years for the Rayders but the Charlevoix boys basketball team finally took down Elk Rapids on their home floor on Friday.
TRAVERSE CITY — The Traverse City Christian Sabres were behind much of the first half before rallying for a 46-37 victory over Grand Traverse Academy at the Mustangs’ home gym on Thursday.
FRANKFORT — Glen Lake junior Finn Hogan had the perfect ending to the Lakers 9-point run to start the second half. Hogan leaped high for a dunk to put the Lakers up by double digits, only the ball bounced right off the rim.
- Cruise ship to visit Traverse City eight times in 2022
- Second Amendment sanctuary measure proposed for Kalkaska County
- Two northern Michigan wines named best in class
- Country doctor calls it a career after 37 years
- Lawsuit claims TCAPS, board president intentionally violated transparency laws
- Bridge work, roundabout, FishPass on deck
- Lucky's Markets files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Refugee decisions draw online backlash
- Medical marijuana businesses opening
- Editorial: Broken pipe flap shows broken trust