...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO
10 AM EST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Highest gusts up to 45 kts from the south and highest
waves around 9 feet expected.
* WHERE...Portions of Lake Huron and Lake Michigan.
* WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to 10 AM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will cause hazardous highest waves
which could capsize or damage vessels and reduce visibility.
Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions.
Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the
vessel for severe conditions.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
11 AM EST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
up to one inch and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an
inch. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of Eastern Upper and Northern Lower Michigan.
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to 11 AM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...even after air temperatures rise above
freezing late tonight/Tuesday morning...rain could still freeze
on snowy back roads and other sub-freezing surfaces. Isolated
power outages are not out of the question.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
Historical Photo: 01/14/2023
Special to the Record-Eagle/Traverse Area District Library’s Local History Collection