- Alexander Theophilus, from Traverse City, earned the spring 2021 Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence at Colgate University. Theophilus is studying environmental geography and plans to graduate in 2022.
- Diana Baxter, of Northport, earned a spring 2021 Dean’s Award with Distinction from Colgate University. Baxter is a history major and aims to graduate in 2022.
- Alivia Farr, a student at Northwest Education Services Career-Tech Center, won first place for her essay “Protecting Our Waters.” The essay contest is sponsored by The Friendly Garden Club of Traverse City through Michigan Garden Clubs Inc. and National Garden Clubs Inc.
- Sarah Chouinard, of Traverse City, made the fall 2021 dean’s list at St. Norbert College in Wisconsin.
- Jack Baker and Sydney Allgaier, both of Traverse City, were named to the fall 2021 dean’s list at University of Maryland Global Campus.
- Madison Groves, of Traverse City, plans to begin nursing clinicals in the fall semester. Groves is in the bachelor of nursing science degree program at Saginaw Valley State University.
- Molly Myers, from Bellaire, was named to the fall 2021 dean’s list at the University of Vermont. Myers is a geography major.
- Katie Firman, of Petoskey, was named to the fall 2021 president’s list at Bob Jones University. Firman is a freshman studying business administration.
This Week's Circulars
- TCAPS trustees debate Moon Mohr’s social media
- South Boardman medical office closes after DEA search warrant
- Drop in Munson COVID-19 hospitalizations due to deaths
- Creative Kingsley: Four women-owned businesses operate in 2,000 square feet
- COVID-19 drives restaurants closures at beginning of the year
- TCAPS reinstates mask mandate, keeps secondary students virtual through Friday
- Vaccine Mandate Challenges Leave Employers Waiting for Judicial Shoe to Drop
- Northern Lakes CMH to offer top job to Pankotai
- TCAPS to start health and wellness initiative
- Health officials: Pediatric hospitalizations double over past two weeks