- THROUGH THE seizure of 82 pounds of fish out of a shipment of 90 pounds from the American Express Company at Kaleva, by State Deputy Game Warden Smith yesterday, trouble will surely follow. The shipper is not only liable for shipping illegal fish, but also for failing to mark the package with his name and address. The fish came from Leland and contained 80 pounds of white fish and 2 pounds of Lake Trout.
- THE STEAMER Carrie operating on Lake Leelanau (Carp Lake) makes regular connections with all trains at Provement leaving Leland at 6:30 a.m. and arriving at Provement at 7:00 a.m. for Traverse City. Check with Charles Mosier, Captain for return trip schedules.
- ANNA PICKELL, who was being kept at the juvenile detention house has disappeared. She was to be sent to Adrian as soon as a quarantine at that home was lifted. She was last seen at 8 o’clock at the Pilbeam Amusement Park on the Merry Go Round. She has a history of running away from foster homes.
- A SPLENDID chance for newly weds to furnish their homes can be found at J.W. Slater’s. A four room outfit may be attained for only $118.00 during this summer sale. Furnishings for bedroom, parlor, dining room and kitchen are all available at this spectacular price!!
- ASIDE FROM absolute safety, which the new Safe Deposit Vaults of this bank assures, it also means privacy as no person other than the renter will know what is contained in the boxes. These boxes can be rented for a nominal fee at First National bank of Traverse City. We also offer 3% on savings. Open an account today.
- TRAVERSE CITY Steam Laundry has just added new machinery. This new equipment consists of a Collar Shaper, a Collar Dampener and a Collar Starcher. We also specialize in white dresses. We offer domestic or polish finishes. Adsley & Rowe, 515 S. Union Street.
Compiled by Cathy Griffin at the Traverse Area Historical Society in collaboration with the Traverse Area District Library.