- Amanda L. Porter, of Traverse City, graduated with a doctorate in medicine from the Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine in Minnesota. Porter plans to pursue a medical residency in neurology at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Kendra Benak, of Traverse City, made the spring 2019 dean’s list at Southeast Missouri State University.
- Local students were invited to perform during the annual Michigan Youth Arts Festival, which took place in May at Western Michigan University.
Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association (MSBOA) Honors Band: Concetta Brehmer, a recent graduate of Traverse City West Senior High School, clarinet; Leah Racine, a recent TC West graduate, trombone; and Avery Miller, a junior at Traverse City Central High School, euphonium.
MSBOA Honors Orchestra: Adrianne Evans, a recent TC Central graduate, string bass.
MSBOA Small Ensemble Competition Wind Ensemble Percussion Sextet: Camryn Calderwood, Omar Nadji, Robert O’Brien and Kaleb Carlson, recent graduates of TC West; and Matt Mudget and Mary Roth, TC West juniors.
Michigan School Vocal Music Association (MSVMA) Outstanding Ensembles: TC West’s The Westmen and TC Central’s Choral-Aires.
MSVMA Small Ensemble: Recent TC Central graduates Madison Ford, soprano, and Lauren Waterstripe, alto.
MSVMA Soloists: Mason Gratton, a tenor and recent TC West graduate; and Lauren Fleming, a junior soprano at TC Central.
- Michael Tilford, of Traverse City, earned a spot on the spring 2019 dean’s list at Nazareth College in New York.
- Benzie County Democrats awarded scholarships to three recent graduates of Benzie Central High School. Peyton Burch, Allison Heinz and Macy Kunkel each received $500 for trade school or college tuition.
- The following students made the winter 2019 dean’s list at Alma College:
Brandon Bruce, of Kewadin; Kennan Dawson, of Bellaire; Alison Fox, of Traverse City; Brianne Giddis, of Traverse City; Delin Kanitz, of Traverse City; Kennedy MacGirr, of Frankfort; Scott May, of Williamsburg; Bailey Proctor, of Bellaire; and Luke Reed, of Benzonia.
- The following students made the Northwestern Michigan College dean’s list for the spring 2019 semester:
Antrim County — Aubrey Allen, Douglas Anger, Sophia Ardelean, Heather Bancroft, Jack Bancroft, Grant Burfiend, Sierra Butler, Anthony Chang, Emma Clore, Leah Dawson, Sharnjeet Dhillon, Zachary Drenth, Trenton Drogt, Mersadis Elkins, Dahlia Evans, Jahna Fritz, Brenden Graham, Eric Grant, Joe Grenke, Deborah Groesser, Lisa Hankins, Nicole Hayes, Alexis Hill, Natalee Hill, Lindsey Hudson, Justin Jansen, Kailey Kanaziz, David Kirkham, Kevin LeClerc, Joshua Loeb, Emma McGuire, Lenni McMahan, Melissa Millard, Megan Morris, Chloe Nagel, Mackenzie O’Donnell, Justin Paxton, Lauren Peterson, Michelle Preston, Rebecka Rosebrugh, Shannon Rossman, Emily Roszczewski, Solomon Schmidt, Mary Serbinski, Justin Sheehan, Cody Simon, Josiah Starr, Abraham Stone, Rachel Szamatowicz, Thomas Theodoran, Jack Travis, Nicole VandenHeuvel and Kristen Verrett.