Traverse City Record-Eagle

November 20, 2012

Michigan in Brief: 11/20/2012

FROM WIRE REPORTS
----

---- —

8-hour armed standoff ends without shots

MUSKEGON — Muskegon authorities say an eight-hour standoff with an armed man has ended with no serious injuries and the suspect in custody.

Police told Mlive.com and WGHN-AM that police got a call about a domestic disturbance about 2 a.m. Monday. Witnesses said a man was waving a handgun and arguing with a woman in a house where a 2-year-old boy was present.

Police said they tried to contact the people inside but couldn't get a response.

A state police tactical unit arrived about 5 a.m., and officers took a 39-year-old Muskegon man into custody about 10 a.m.

Police said he was free on bond on a domestic assault charge with an order not to have contact with the woman.

Police said no shots were fired.

Attention drawn to case of 3 missing boys

MORENCI — Officials are working to draw attention to the case of three Michigan boys missing since Thanksgiving 2010.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created age-progressed photos of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. The boys were last seen at their father's home in Morenci near the Michigan-Ohio border. They were to be returned to their mother and the disappearance sparked a large search.

The Skelton brothers were 9, 7, and 5 years old, respectively, when they last were seen. Authorities have said they believe the boys are dead.

John Skelton pleaded no contest last year to charges of unlawful imprisonment and says he didn't harm the children.

Tanya Zuvers says she's not giving up hope for her sons. This week marks the second anniversary of their disappearance.