From staff reports
Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — Susan Miller, former executive director of the Benzie Bus, rejected a proposed settlement from the agency’s board of directors prior to her dismissal during a public meeting Tuesday night. The “privileged and confidential” settlement offer tendered by board attorney Christopher Cooke to Miller proposed the following:
- A mutual non-disparagement clause which would bind both parties not to make disparaging remarks about the other.
- Both parties would agree to keep any agreement for separation confidential to the extent possible.
- The board would author a letter of recommendation for Miller.
- A correction action plan in Miller’s employment file would be removed and held in an executive file.
- Miller would agree to cooperate with the agency, if necessary, during the transition to a new director.
- Mutual releases would be signed releasing each party from any past and future claims.
- The board would not oppose any application for unemployment.
- If a motion to terminate Miller’s contract was approved, Miller would be paid severance through December.