Traverse City Record-Eagle

Archive: Thursday

June 13, 2013

Man suffers severe burns in explosion

TRAVERSE CITY — A food truck explosion severely burned a Traverse City man.

Gary Leonard, 63, prepared for a catering event Saturday in a food truck on Pebble Beach Drive in Suttons Bay Township. He told rescuers he lit a propane stove in the truck when the explosion occurred about 9:50 a.m.

Leonard’s sister assisted him out of the truck. Suttons Bay-Bingham Township Fire and Rescue responded.

Leonard was transported to Grand Rapids for treatment.

 

 

1
Text Only