Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — Achievements
- Auto-Owners Insurance has named the Larkin Insurance of Leelanau, Shumsky West and Associates of Traverse City and the Larkin Group of Traverse City among the company’s top 10 growth agencies in the Traverse City region.
- Cerise Nutraceuticals, a subsidiary of Pleva International, Inc., has learned that the manuscript based on the research conducted on the micro-activeceutical compounds found in the Cerise Total Body Rhythm Capsules on Alzheimer’s models at Central Michigan University, has been published. It appears in the Journal of Medicinal Food April 2013 issue with the title, “Combinatorial Treatment of Tart Cherry Extract and Essential Fatty Acids Reduces Cognitive Impairments and Inflammation in the mu-p75 Saporin-Induced Mouse Model in Alzheimer’s Disease.”
- Fremont Insurance, a Michigan-exclusive property and casualty insurance carrier, has designated the Ford Insurance Agency as one of the company’s 5-Star Organizations. The award recognizes agencies that have achieved long-term success in operating a profitable and growing business. The accomplishments of these highly successful agencies directly impact insurance partners, customers and the community.
- WWTV-WWUP/TV 9&10 News is the first station in northern Michigan to broadcast live local news in high definition. The station debuted a new set for 9&10 News at 5, marking the end of more than a month of demolition and construction at the broadcast studio.
- Yo2mo, formally known as Traverse Mobile Marketing, is celebrating its first year in business by opening an office in the United Kingdom, new technology and much more. After four partners joined forces internationally, the company launched globally and made the transition to Yo2mo. With one office opening in the UK, Yo2mo now employs several people worldwide. They also continue to expand their global headquarters in Traverse City and throughout the U.S. In January, Yo2mo accepted a private investment of $850,000 to fund growth and emerging technology. Yo2mo will be introducing new technologies while expanding capabilities on others in this coming year.
- The Riverside Inn in Leland opens this season with two rooms completely renovated and upgrades on beds, windows and decor. An extensive remodeling to the kitchen includes a new cooking line and the main dining room has new windows. New to the staff are Jim Gallagher, executive chef, and Matthew Fitzke-Loll, sous chef.
- Otsego Memorial Hospital Medical Group is opening a new clinic focusing on walk-in services. It will be located at U.S. 131 and M-32 in Elmira.
- Jim Mellinger, a Traverse City financial advisor for the financial services firm Edward Jones, recently met with legislators in Washington, D.C., to seek legislation to increase savings and enhance retirement security. Mellinger was one of 51 financial advisors chosen from among the firm’s nearly 12,000 to travel to Washington, D.C., and lobby on behalf of individual investors.
- Traverse City State Bank has announced the addition of Dan Druskovich to the commercial lending team as senior vice president. He brings more than 25 years of lending experience to TCSB, most recently as vice president of commercial loans and lending team leader for a local financial institution.
- Dr. Robert Gaston and Dr. Mark Hoffmann have welcomed Dr. Nathan Reed to Gaston Family Chiropractic. Reed, who received advanced training in sports injuries and has treated many Olympic athletes, is accepting new patients in both Gaston Family Chiropractic’s Kalkaska and Traverse City locations.
- Scot Zimmerman has joined Northwestern Bank as vice president, head of commercial lending and chief lending officer. He brings more than 20 years of business and banking experience to Northwestern, including 10 years in northern Michigan.
- The Northern Michigan International Association of Administrative Professionals Chapter has named Denise DaFermo as the 2013 Administrative Professional of the Year. DaFermo is administrative assistant and office coordinator of Munson Healthcare Regional Foundation.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to email@example.com, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.