- Auto-Owners Insurance has named the Larkin Insurance of Leelanau, Shumsky West and Associates of Traverse City and the Larkin Group of Traverse City among the company’s top 10 growth agencies in the Traverse City region.
- Cerise Nutraceuticals, a subsidiary of Pleva International, Inc., has learned that the manuscript based on the research conducted on the micro-activeceutical compounds found in the Cerise Total Body Rhythm Capsules on Alzheimer’s models at Central Michigan University, has been published. It appears in the Journal of Medicinal Food April 2013 issue with the title, “Combinatorial Treatment of Tart Cherry Extract and Essential Fatty Acids Reduces Cognitive Impairments and Inflammation in the mu-p75 Saporin-Induced Mouse Model in Alzheimer’s Disease.”
- Fremont Insurance, a Michigan-exclusive property and casualty insurance carrier, has designated the Ford Insurance Agency as one of the company’s 5-Star Organizations. The award recognizes agencies that have achieved long-term success in operating a profitable and growing business. The accomplishments of these highly successful agencies directly impact insurance partners, customers and the community.
- WWTV-WWUP/TV 9&10 News is the first station in northern Michigan to broadcast live local news in high definition. The station debuted a new set for 9&10 News at 5, marking the end of more than a month of demolition and construction at the broadcast studio.
- Yo2mo, formally known as Traverse Mobile Marketing, is celebrating its first year in business by opening an office in the United Kingdom, new technology and much more. After four partners joined forces internationally, the company launched globally and made the transition to Yo2mo. With one office opening in the UK, Yo2mo now employs several people worldwide. They also continue to expand their global headquarters in Traverse City and throughout the U.S. In January, Yo2mo accepted a private investment of $850,000 to fund growth and emerging technology. Yo2mo will be introducing new technologies while expanding capabilities on others in this coming year.