- Kennametal Inc. has announced that its Traverse City facility achieved 10 years, with approximately 1.9 million work hours, without a lost time incident, setting a new company safety record. The facility has nearly 85 employees and manufactures carbide and nitride-based hard materials for wear markets and consumable industrial tooling, serving the aerospace, automotive, defense, energy, industrial manufacturing, petrochemical and power generation industries.
- Interphase Interiors has been awarded Haworth Inc.’s “Best In Class” distinction for the second year running. The honor recognizes Haworth dealerships for exceptional market development performance, sales, customer satisfaction, operational excellence, and enterprise development.
- The Bellaire Antrim Conservation District has been awarded a $350 grant for volunteers to protect and restore trails in the Cedar River Natural Area. The Michigan Community Service Commission, Michigan Nonprofit Association, Volunteer Centers of Michigan, The League Michigan and Michigan Campus Compact with support from Youth Service America and the Corporation for National and Community Service have distributed more than $10,000 in mini-grant funds to support 2013 Global Youth Day Service projects across the state.
- Sterling Law Office and the northern Michigan affiliate of the American Divorce Association for Men announce the opening of their newest office at 13919 S. West Bay Shore Drive, Traverse City. The expansion allows Sterling Law Office and ADAM to better serve clients across northern Lower Michigan and the eastern U.P. The law firm is also maintaining branch offices in Gaylord and Empire.
- Gae Ellery, CIC, REBC, RHU, an employee benefits producer with Lighthouse Insurance Group recently passed the Licensed Insurance Counselor exam. She is now able to add LIC to her list of employee benefit insurance designations.
- Andrew Kempf has been named the new president and CEO of Members Credit Union in Traverse City. Most recently, Kempf served as manager and CEO of Preferred Federal Credit Union.
- Shanty Creek Resort’s Chris Hale was named the 2013 Sales and Marketing Star of the Year during the Pure Michigan Governor’s Conference on Tourism. His award marks the fourth consecutive year that Shanty Creek has been recognized by the Michigan Lodging and Tourism Association for its efforts in the state’s tourism industry.
- Lynn Saunders and Charmaine Stone of the Little River Casino and Resort Health and Wellness Committee, have been named “Local Heroes” by the Michigan Department of Community Health, during Michigan Public Heath Week. The Hometown Health Hero Award recognizes the accomplishments of individuals and organizations that have gone above and beyond their normal duties to make a positive impact on the health of their local communities.
- Agents from Coldwell Banker Schmidt Realtors have earned awards for their performance among all Coldwell Banker agents internationally.
- The International Diamond Society award, given to the top 9 percent, went to Sam Abood, Bryan Olshove and the Stireman Team.
- The Street Team, Beccy Janis, Ken Kleinrichert and Karen Schmidt received the International President’s Circle award, given to the top five percent.
- Joe Schmidt, Shawn Schmidt Smith and Judy Robinson were given the International President’s Elite award, given to the top two percent.
- The President’s Premier Award, given to the top 1 percent, was presented to The Mark Hagan Team.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.