- Three employees at Springfield Inc. recently received certification in fall protection and elevated structures safety. Terry Umlor, CEO and president of Springfield Inc.; Nick Jacqmain, director of operations, and Matt Brucker, project manager, were certified through the National Association of Safety Professionals. Umlor, Jacqmain and Brucker also became certified installers of the SmartAnchor permanent fall protections systems.
- Chateau Chantal Winery & Inn has been awarded the Michigan Travel & Vacation Magazine’s Best Michigan B&B. The winery’s bed and breakfast took first place for its pleasant living environment, welcoming spirit and numerous amenities. For complete details, visit http://magazine.michigan-vacation-destination.com/best-places-to-stay-in-michigan-2013-award-winners#sthash.Yjm3xMkz.dpuf.
- Northwest Design Group, Inc. of Petoskey received the 2013 Recreational Trail Achievement Award in the Construction and Design category, from the Coalition for Recreational Trails. The award is in recognition of outstanding use of federal Recreational Trails Program funds for the new East and West Twin Creek bridges in the Pere Marquette State Forest on the Little Manistee ORV Trail.
- Betsy Evans, a northwest Michigan business and civic leader, has been appointed as the Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center Business Consultant serving Benzie and Manistee counties. Evans will focus on business and job expansion in those two counties.
- Kent A. Rozycki CPA/JD has been appointed to the Zoning Board of Appeals for Garfield Township with a term ending December 31, 2014. He was also elected Secretary by the Board. Rozycki has moved his law offices to 160 E. State Street, Suite 200, in the old City Hall Building.
- John Klingelsmith has joined the staff of Transnation Title Agency of Michigan Northern Division as the new Market Manager for the Traverse City office and the Elk Rapids office.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to email@example.com, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.