Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — Achievement
• VanDrie Home Furnishings, with stores in Cadillac, Traverse City, Big Rapids and Houghton Lake, is celebrating its 60th anniversary as an independent, family-owned home furnishings retailer.
• The Dennos Museum Center at Northwestern Michigan College, Crystal Mountain and Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel have all received TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence from the travel website.
Expansion and Moves
• Village Press has signed on as a Naveego partner. The marketing, fulfillment, and publishing company will offer the cloud-based business intelligence platform.
• Oryana Natural Foods Market has expanded their hours of business. They are now open from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday. Cafe hours are until 8 p.m. Monday through Sunday.
• Grand Traverse Foot & Ankle Center, the office of podiatrist Ronald Olm, D.P.M., F.A.C.F.A.S., has moved to 4246 N. Three Mile Road in Traverse City.
• Motif Jewelers, in the Grand Traverse Mall, has become a Pandora Shop in Shop.
• The renovated Paul Oliver Facility has been renamed the Paul Oliver Living and Rehabilitation Center. Renovations are the result of a gift by Karolina Holtrey before her death in 2000.
• Center for Computer Resources, an information technology company located in Troy, Mich., has acquired Power IT, LLC, a leading Michigan business technology solutions company based in Petoskey.
• Michigan State Police Trooper Ronald Beckett of the Gaylord Post has graduated from the 19th Underwater Recovery Unit Dive School and is now a member of the Underwater Recovery Unit. The unit provides diving expertise for the department, mostly in the areas of body recovery, evidence collection, underwater inspections, recovery of stolen property and maritime security details.
• John and Susan Leone have opened the Platte River Inn restaurant in Honor. They previously owned and operated Dairyville at Chum’s Corner for 27 years prior to losing their business to a fire in Nov. 2010.
• Meghan Gamelin, event design manager at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Acme, was recently named “Up-and-Coming Special Events Planner” by Michigan Meetings + Events Magazine.
• Traverse City State Bank has named Chris Milliron as the branch manager of the bank’s Suttons Bay location. Chris has over six years of banking experience in consumer and commercial lending, marketing and management.
• John A. Scott, of Lake Leelanau and the Traverse City law firm of Scott & Huff, P.C. has been presented with The George A. Cooney Society Award for outstanding contributions to continuing legal education for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education by the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
• Michigan State University College of Human Medicine recently honored Traverse City Campus Community Assistant Dean Daniel Webster, M.D., F.A.A.F.P., with its “Outstanding Community Faculty Award.
• The Benzie Transportation Authority has re-appointed Mark Roper to its Board of Directors. He is the current Supervisor of Almira Township.
• Roger Thompson has been named to the Benzie Transportation Authority Board of Directors. He is the retired president of Huntington National Bank-Northern Michigan.
• Smith Haughey’s Traverse City office has welcomed law student Selena Stanski as a summer associate. Stanski is pursuing a Juris Doctor at Wayne State University Law School with an expected graduation date of May 2014.
• The Bank of Northern Michigan has announced four promotions in the Business Banking Group.
Wade Van Houzen has been promoted to vice president, business banking manager.
David Boeve has been promoted to vice president, business banking officer.
Jason Blain has been promoted to assistant vice president, business banking officer.
Brian Eggleston has been promoted to assistant vice president, private banking officer.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.