- Zachary H. Word, M.D., joined the Munson Medical Center staff as a specialist in hematology/oncology. He is a graduate of Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, La. He completed his residency at the University of Michigan and his hematology/oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N.Y.
- The Little Traverse Association of Home Builders hired Scott Herceg as its new executive officer. Herceg previously served as the executive director of the Harbor Springs Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Steven Deller, professor of nursing at West Shore Community College, achieved credentialing as a Certified Nurse Educator by the National League for Nursing.
- Local full-service marketing agency Greenlight Marketing announced the addition of their new account executive, Brenda Crandall.
- The Mt. Holiday board of directors elected their executive team for the 2013 fiscal year: president, Mark Ray; vice president, John Lynch; secretary, Paula Oleson; and treasurer, Ron Harris. Dr. Marc Frick has left the board of directors after eight years of volunteerism.
- Northwestern Bank announced that Eric Fournier joined the bank as vice president and commercial lender. He brings more than 25 years of commercial lending experience.
- Otsego Memorial Hospital has been recognized as one of the nation’s Most Wired Hospitals, according to the results of the 2013 Most Wired Survey released in the July issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine. Otsego Memorial Hospital has made the Most Wired list five out of the last six years and is included with 16 other hospitals in Michigan to receive this award.
- Jennifer and Scott Kreta of JK Creations DBA CS Sewing in Traverse City, recently received Bernina’s District Dealer of the Year Award during the company’s training conference in San Francisco.
Have news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.