- Richard J. Garner, a financial adviser at DGN Wealthcare Advisors LLC in Traverse City, has earned the certified financial planner designation by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc.
- Century 21 Northland owner Brad Platt has been awarded the 2012 Entrepreneur of the Year Award by the Northern Michigan Women's Council of Realtors.
- Delta Air Lines pilot Captain Ken Pratt, a native of Traverse City, received Delta's highest honor in employee recognition when he was inducted into Delta Air Lines' Chairman's Club. Pratt is in his 26th year with Delta Air Lines and also a retired colonel, having served 29 years in the U.S. Air Force and Michigan Air National Guard.
- Connie and Matt Kroll, longtime northern Michigan residents, are leading the new Century 21 Northland venture, Northland Vacation Rentals.
- Munson Medical Center nurses Jacqui Shumaker, RN BSN, from Bellaire and Nancy Street, an RN from Traverse City, were recently certified in oncology through the Oncology Certification Corp.
- Lakeview Hotel and Confer-ence Center, a part of Shanty Creek Resorts, is adding an elevator for the main lobby area of the hotel. The new elevator is scheduled to be installed and completed by mid January.
- The Center for Plastic Surgery at Copper Ridge will open a new, 1,000-square-foot skin care center. The Center for Skin Care, once housed within the Center for Plastic Surgery, has grown into its own space immediately adjacent to the plastic surgery practice. The Center has also added registered nurse and esthetician Alise Else to its staff of skin care specialists.
- The Bear golf course at Grand Traverse Resort & Spa has been selected as the Michigan Golf Course Owners Association's Golf Course of the Year for 2012. An association press release said, "The combined 70 years of experience in key golf management of Director of Golf Tom McGee, Head Golf Professional Scott Hebert and Director of Golf & Grounds Paul Galligan has proved to be a winning formula." The Bear has been the host course for the Michigan Open for 24 years.