• Cherry Capital Foods has added to their staff. Laurie Curtis will serve as an administrative assistant. Evan Smith has been named chief operations officer. Lee Michael has been promoted to operations manager. Stephanie Pierce is sales manager for the organization. Jada Morgan, previously in charge of vendor relations, accepted the position of sales representative, focusing on southeast Michigan and Grand Rapids. Jenny Eveleigh was promoted to value-added buyer.
• Karen “Lindy” Soderholm, formerly of LindyLazar Marketing Communications, LLC in Traverse City, has a new venture, a handcrafted jewelry business called Pretzel Pearlz.
• The Traverse City City Commission appointed Jan Geht to serve on the Traverse City Light & Power Board. Geht is filling the unexpired term of John Snodgrass, who recently resigned from the board.
• Traverse City State Bank announced the addition of Linda Waisanen to the residential mortgage team as assistant vice president. Mitchell Blue has been promoted to senior vice president, commercial lending. Dan Baldwin has been promoted to senior vice president, mortgages.
• The Alliance for Main Street Fairness launched its National Small Business Advisory Board, comprised of 16 small business owners from across the country, to help increase awareness and continue to drive support in local communities for the Marketplace Fairness Act. Bill Golden, owner of Golden Shoes in Traverse City; Dan Marshall, president of Marshall Music Company based in Lansing; and Matt Norcross, owner of McLean and Eakin Booksellers in Petoskey are members of the Advisory Board.
• Erin Bratschi has been promoted to manager of Northwestern Bank’s Elk Rapids office. Erin has been with the bank since 2008, most recently serving as assistant manager of the Traverse City Garfield office.
• The Northern Michigan Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals has elected board members for the 2013-2014 year: president, Charity Sawyer, Shoreline Fruit, LLC; vice president, Wendy Gauthier, CAP-OM, Popp Excavating; recording secretary: Wendy Roberts, NW MI Works; communications secretary, Judy Smith, CAP-OM; treasurer, Dawn Gilbert, Munson Medical Center Community Health; and immediate past president, Debbie Poltorak, Interlochen Public Radio.