FROM WIRE REPORTS
HOLLAND — Western Michigan authorities say two firefighters were hurt when a roof collapsed on them as they battled a blaze at an apartment complex.
Mlive.com says the fire broke out about 10 a.m. Wednesday at Harbor Village Apartments in Holland and displaced 44 residents. The Holland Sentinel says firefighters from at least four departments responded.
Authorities say the firefighters sustained neck and back injuries. Their conditions and their names weren't immediately released.
Holland public safety Capt. Jack Dykstra says it appears the fire started when a lit candle fell onto a bed in a second-floor apartment.
American Red Cross volunteers have been meeting with displaced residents to assess their needs, and the group has set up an emergency shelter at nearby Central Wesleyan Church.