The Park Place Hotel at the corner of State and Park, built originally as a wooden structure, is seen in this circa 1905 photo. The main building was built in 1873 and “the Annex” addition was completed in 1880. A new brick hotel, opened in 1930, is seen in this 1932 photo. The History Center of Traverse City’s website is available to the public at www.traversehistory.org. Archive photos also are available at the History Center, 322 Sixth St.