Historical photo information, provided by readers, for the March 17 image:
• The ship pictured is the “Traverse City Socony,” docked at the Rennie Oil Co. terminal in Greilickville, probably in the mid-late 1950s. It belonged to the Socony-Mobile Company. The ship was built in Manitowoc, Wisc. in 1938, then sold by Socony-Mobile in 1962. After several more sales, it is still in service, now based on the west coast. There it operates under a new name carrying refrigerated fish for the Trident Fish Company. Thanks to Peter Rennie, Steve Kelsch and Bob Wilhelm for the above information.