Traverse City Record-Eagle


June 13, 2013

Man suffers severe burns in explosion

TRAVERSE CITY — A food truck explosion severely burned a Traverse City man.

Gary Leonard, 63, prepared for a catering event Saturday in a food truck on Pebble Beach Drive in Suttons Bay Township. He told rescuers he lit a propane stove in the truck when the explosion occurred about 9:50 a.m.

Leonard’s sister assisted him out of the truck. Suttons Bay-Bingham Township Fire and Rescue responded.

Leonard was transported to Grand Rapids for treatment.



Text Only

Latest News
  • To our readers

    Because of storm-related electrical damage to our production facility, printing of Sunday’s edition was delayed and caused very late delivery. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you did not receive the Sunday edition, please contact the circulation department at 946-2187.

    Continued ...
    Anonymous The Record Eagle Sun, July 27
    3 hours