Traverse City Record-Eagle

Region

February 25, 2013

Firefighters knock out farmhouse blaze

TRAVERSE CITY — Local firefighters extinguished a blaze at an Acme farmhouse.

Grand Traverse Metro Fire crews and Elk Rapids Fire crews were dispatched to the home south of the Music House on U.S. 31 on Sunday at about 4:40 a.m.

Firefighters put out the fire before it could enter the farmhouse's walls, Metro officials said.

Cooking material appeared to cause the blaze.

Occupants of the house were outside when firefighters arrived. No one was injured.

1
Text Only

Latest News
  • To our readers

    Because of storm-related electrical damage to our production facility, printing of Sunday’s edition was delayed and caused very late delivery. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you did not receive the Sunday edition, please contact the circulation department at 946-2187.

    Continued ...
    Anonymous The Record Eagle Sun, July 27
    3 hours
Life

Sports
Business