Traverse City Record-Eagle

May 15, 2013

Electrical fire damages cottage

From staff reports
Traverse City Record-Eagle

---- — TRAVERSE CITY — Investigators said an electrical problem sparked a fire at a seasonal cottage on Long Lake Peninsula.

The fire started in the attic on May 11 above the electrical service of the residence on Hillside Drive.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze within about 20 minutes of arriving around 3 p.m., said Long Lake Township Battalion Chief John Brown.

People inside the home escaped. Brown said smoke and water damage was limited, and the cottage was not destroyed.