TRAVERSE CITY — A high-quality batch of heroin that made its way into Traverse City caused multiple overdoses this weekend, police said.
One victim, a 20-year-old Traverse City woman, had no pulse and was not breathing when her friend drove her to the police station parking lot on Sunday. Traverse City Capt. Brian Heffner said two police officers performed CPR and resuscitated her before she was transported to Munson Medical Center.
Heffner said the woman still had a syringe sticking out of her arm, as did another woman who overdosed Saturday in a Garfield Avenue gas station.
More details will be available in Tuesday's Record-Eagle.