Matt Stapleton emailed this statement to the Record-Eagle on Thursday afternoon:
Friends, Family, Colleagues, and Community members:
By now, many of you have heard the swirling rumors or stories about the recent news involving my wife Kelli and daughter Isabelle. I would like to give you all a brief update to our situation.
Two nights ago, my wife and daughter were transported to Munson Medical Center and then to Devos Children's hospital in Grand Rapids for treatment from carbon monoxide poisoning. Kelli has been treated and was still in the hospital as of this morning (Wednesday). Isabelle, however, remains in the critical intensive care unit at Devos to address her immediate and critical needs. She is in outstanding care at Devos and her vitals have improved over the past 12 hours. She is currently receiving help from a respirator and breathing tube and her blood pressure is stable. At this time, she is still unresponsive after being lifted from the medically induced coma she was put in for the treatment of her injuries. She has not yet been conscious since the incident. This is not entirely uncommon as some people go 24-48 hours before waking. We remain upbeat and positive as we expect to see many improvements in the next 12-24 hours. We will continue to work closely with her doctors to get her the best care possible.
We would like to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers as Isabelle's condition continues to stabilize. So many of you have been very supportive of Isabelle and my family (today and throughout the years) and for this we are grateful. We are blessed with supportive friends, family, and an incredible community. Even strangers have been supportive of Issy and we ask that they continue to do so during this tough time.