- A pretty wedding was solemnized at the Isadore parsonage yesterday morning when Miss Mary Bartunek and Jos. E. Athinson were married by Father Beryak. Only the immediate friends and relatives witnessed the ceremony, after which a reception and banquet were held at the home of the bride. A dancing party was held at the Shaldo Hall in honor of the couple in the evening. Both of the young people reside at Maple City and will make their home there. Among the guests from this city were Frank and Fred Atkinson, brothers of the bridegroom.
- WANTED TO TRADE — Farm property near Bates, Mich., for house and lot in Traverse City. D.F. Hoxsie, Bates, Mich.
- Ford touring cars have been delivered today by the Grand Traverse Auto Co. to Met Hobbs of Fife Lake, A.B. Cornell of Kalkaska and Dr. C.P. Doyle of Frankfort.
- SLEW HUSBAND WITH AN AX — is charge made against Mrs. Illius Kuusisto — Body was found in bed — Woman was convicted of assault last fall — Sent to Newberry Insane Asylum. She was later released; five children are left destitute by the tragedy. Calumet, Mich., April 15. — With the head nearly severed from the body, the corpse of Illius Kuusisto of Tamarack was discovered in bed today. The man’s wife was arrested and charged with murder. A bloody axe found near the bed showed how the murder was committed. Last November Mrs. Kuusisto was convicted on a charge of assault and battery against her husband after she had fractured his skull with an axe.
- There will be a Penny Social at the Elmwood Avenue school Friday night. April 25th, at which there will be several special attractions.
- Billy Edgel, age 12 years, of 316 South Cedar street, sustained a serious injury to the lower left eyelid last evening when he ran into a barb wire fence while playing hide and seek with other playmates. Medical attention was given immediately and five stitches were required to close the wound. The little lad bears the pain bravely and although will be laid up for some time does not complain.
The History Center of Traverse City researches and provides this column each week.