- The following Grand Traverse County students (by last name L through Z) were recognized on the Dean's List at NMC for the fall 2012 semester: Ashley LaMont, Sara Laisure, Katelyn Langdale, Spencer Laubach, Casey Leach, Madeleine Lebel, Hiu Wai Leung, Norbert Libby, Elizabeth Lidiard, Marissa Lindsay, Rachel Lord, Bobbi Louk, Spencer Lumsden, John Lutchko, Samuel Mansfield, Chase Mather, Katherine McCain, Kathryn McCain, Cole McCardel, Ann McCarty, Avalon McLachlan, Christopher McPherson, John McRannolds, Trevor Meek, Jeremy Metcalf, Michelle Michalski, Brittany Moeggenberg, Chelsea Moore, Jessica Mulder, Cody Mutter, Jazlynn Narmore, Katelyn Nickerson, Nicholas Nielsen, Chloe O'Brien, Emil O'Brien, Katherine O'Connor, Colleen Olson, Eric Ooley, Kathryn Orwig, Lauren Osbon, Eric Owen, Chelsea Parsch, Erin Patterson, Jonathan Patterson, Abigail Peck, Heather Penick, Cassandra Perry, Kaitlyn Pettinato, Chelsea Pflugrad, Alex Philion, Samuel Plamondon, Brian Potter, Robin Priest, Jalen Provo, Kevin Query, Ashley Quinn, Emma Rademacher, Kayleigh Randall, Bryan Rasmussen, Joellyn Rastello, Catherine Ray, Andrew Reed, Kevin Renwick, Nicholas Reszka, Lexa Revnell, Michael Robertson, Tajin Robles, Carl Rocheleau, Leonard Rountree, Ryan Ruskowski, Autumn Russell, Shawn Salkeld, Samuel Sanderson, Mikaela Sanford, Andromeda Sasaki, Jason Saunby, Christy Savage, Ryan Savage, Melody Schafer, Patricia Schaub, Sarah Schlusler, Gunnar Schwartz, Roxanne Scrivener, Edmund Seeber, Meg Sheehan, Melissa Sheick, David Sherman, Katrina Shonk, Noel Shrum, Timothy Siciliano, Blaine Simcox, Catherine Simons, Emily Sklodowske, Steven Slupecki, Kaischa Smith, Joel Smoyer, Gabrielle Sniff, Paul Somerville, Luke Sowash, Kelly Sprague, Martin Stallman, Joseph Stants, Tonya Starlin, Kathryn Stevenson, Amanda Sullivan, Aaron Swartz, Craig Sweeney, Ayla Switala, Kathy Tahtinen, Benjamin Thayer, Benjamin Thelander, Joy Thomas, Michelle Thomas, Nicole Thurmond, Sara Tonder, Stephen Town, Nicole Trigilio, Susan Twigg, Terry VanKleek, Myles VanWormer, Chesten Vanpelt, Lucas Vinecki, Kirstin Volkening, Teresa Wadysz, Nicholas Walsh, Danielle Weber, Katherine Weber, Bennett Weckler, Amber Welch, Chad Wheat, Grayson Wiggins, Benjamin Will, Todd Wisniewski, Claire Wodzien, Stephanie Wojie, John Wolfston, Justin Wolgamott, Lee Womack, Garret Wood-Sternburgh, Daniel Worm, Gary Worth, Tori Young, Michael Zenk, Sheryl Zimmerman, Vincent Zubalik and Michael Zutis.
Community in Brief: 03/11/2014
Women At Risk (WAR) Jewelry Sale; Grand Traverse Academy offers "A Day in the Life of a Kindergartner" program; and more.Continued ...
Northern Notes: Cedar woman hopes to return blanket
Carol Drzewiecki of Cedar is disabled and uses an electric scooter. This winter has been particularly treacherous for Carol with the frigid temperatures and slippery streets and roads making it difficult for her to get out.Continued ...
Community Newsmakers: 03/10/2014
Community newsmakers: Kalkaska Kiwanis Public Safety honorees named.Continued ...
Community in Brief: 03/09/2014
Grow Benzie dinner; Northwest MI Jazz Experience hosts concert; League of Women Voters Leelanau County screens documentary; and more.Continued ...
Education Newsmakers: 03/08/2014
The following area students graduated from Central Michigan University following the fall 2013 semester:Continued ...
Community in Brief: 03/08/2014
TC Roller Derby birthday party; program on fall prevention and fire safety; Greenspire School hosts Family Arts Night; and more.Continued ...
- Friday, March 7, 2014
Community in Brief: 03/07/2014
Mexican Dinner Party benefit; Titan Student Choreographed Dance Concert; Grand Traverse Humanists meet; A Matter of Honor (AMOH) event; and more.Continued ...
- Thursday, March 6, 2014
Community in Brief: 03/06/2014
Guest musicians join Jazz at the Cambria; benefit pancake breakfast; reservation deadline for senior luncheon; and more.Continued ...
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Community in Brief: 03/05/2014
Take a test drive and help Cherry Knoll School; Red Sky Stage venue hosts concert; Clean Up and Green Up event; and more.Continued ...
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Community in Brief: 03/04/2014
Reservation deadline for Speakers Series; Winter dog walk planned; Benzie Women's History Project shows film; and more.Continued ...
- Monday, March 3, 2014
Northern Notes: Two go 'overboard' to help Acme resident
People go "overboard" to help Acme resident.Continued ...
- Sunday, March 2, 2014
Community in Brief: 03/02/2014
Craft Month at the Kalkaska Library; "Off the Wall" movie night; art exhibit opens; and more.Continued ...
- Saturday, March 1, 2014
Education Newsmakers: 03/01/2014
The Paul T. and Frances B. Johnson Foundation is accepting scholarship applications for the 2014/2015 academic year.Continued ...
- Thursday, February 27, 2014
Community in Brief: 02/27/2014
Fused glass bug class; NMC Concert Band performs; Central Lake Chilly Fest; and more.Continued ...
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Community in Brief: 02/26/2014
'Talk About Art' rescheduled; Grand Traverse Academy enrollment information meetings; Children's Garden volunteers needed; and more.Continued ...
- Monday, February 24, 2014
Northern Notes: Gift of a bike represents hope
Single MOMM, a relational ministry that provides community support and resources for the spiritual, emotional and personal development of single-mother families, received a call in early December from the mother of a very giving 5-year-old boy who asked her to call because he didn’t want toys from Santa Claus.Continued ...
Community Newsmakers: 02/24/2014
People in the news:Continued ...
Community in Brief: 02/24/2014
Kingsley Lions Club meets; Class on starting and growing laying hens; Bake and craft sale; and more.Continued ...
- Saturday, February 22, 2014
Education Newsmakers: 02/22/2014
Grand Valley State University, Allendale, named the following area students to their Dean’s List for the fall 2013 semester:Continued ...
- Thursday, February 20, 2014
Community in Brief: 02/20/2014
Snowshoe hike; 'Books & Brewskis" event; energy fair and forum; and more.Continued ...
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Community in Brief: 02/19/2014
Benefit for Haiti mission trip; Traverse Heights Neighborhood meeting; free dinner and a movie; and more.Continued ...
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Community in Brief: 02/18/2014
Michael's Place Welcome Night; Children's Chorus registration; beginning basket weaving workshop; and more.Continued ...
- Monday, February 17, 2014
Northern Notes: Good Samaritan goes the extra mile ... literally
In mid-January, Melissa Schrock’s nearly deaf Siberian husky, Hocus Pocus, got away from her near her Interlochen home.Continued ...
Community Newsmakers: 02/17/2014
The Pathways to Sleeping Bear campaign reached the $2 million milestone in private fundraising.Continued ...
Service News: 02/17/2014
Air Force Airman 1st Class James Lovell graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas, earning distinction as an honor graduate.Continued ...
- Community in Brief: 03/11/2014