- The annual Indian camp meeting will be held at Northport from August 9 to 19 and an exceptionally strong program has been prepared for the various days of the long session. The music and singing will be in charge of Louis Shawandace assisted by a large Indian choir. A long list of speakers will make presentations throughout the meeting.
- Two more carloads of pickles were shipped from the pickle station this week at Fife Lake. The crop is especially good this year and a few more shipments are expected to be made.
- Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Jackson, Mr. and Mrs. Clayton Lardie, Mrs. Larkins and daughter and Mrs. C. V. Wright were hostesses to a party of friends at dinner Sunday at the pretty country home of the Wrights on the peninsula. The trip was made from the city by automobile. An elaborate dinner was served with covers laid for twenty-two.
- Miss Bonnie Gordon and Paul Henderson of Grand Rapids visited the former's sister, Mrs. Euphemia Ranchor and family over Sunday.
- Mrs. B. Barrus, Mrs. J. Hawk and daughter, Geraldine, went to Cadillac Thursday. From there Mr. and Mrs. Hawk returned to their house in Lansing with their auto.
- Little Rasaline and Florence Brantigan cunningly surprised their sister, Leona last Thursday evening when about thirty of her young friends walked into the house after she had retired. Games were played until a very late hour when a dainty luncheon was served.
- The red raspberries seem to be the most luscious and plentiful this year. Many growers say that they haven't seen such crops in years.
- Sidney Weaver is putting up a fine new round barn. This is the first round barn that has been built in this section of the state and is causing a great amount of curiosity. A silo is being built in the center of the barn all of which is adding to the interest.
- Miss Nellie Thacker arrived in the city Saturday night from Fremont where she has been teaching. She will visit with friends and relatives here for a week.
- Mr. and Mrs. S. E. Johnson and Mr. and Mrs. C. W. Ashton all of Grand Rapids arrived here in their car last night. They will spend some time at Mr. Ashton's cottage at Birchwood.
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert R. Heath of Chicago, recently arrived in Glen Haven on the barge Muller and went to Cedar Springs lodge to spend some time. They have been regular visitors at that place for a number of years.
- Advice on deportment. On leaving a hall or church at the close of the entertainment or services, the gentleman should precede the lady.
- Medical advice of a century ago. Never use the eyes when such use causes pain in these organs or in the head,
- Best buy of the week. Hosiery, "Onyx" Brand of Plain and Fancy Lace Lisle, 19 cents - 39 cents at the Barney Co.
Community in Brief: 12/10/2013
Library holiday open house; book and bake sale; Grawn Church hosts "Sweet Shoppe"; and more.Continued ...
Community in Brief: 12/09/2013
Christmas Cookie Walk; Christmas dinner.Continued ...
Community in Brief: 12/08/2013
"Cabin Fever" artist talk; Bayside Travellers dance; Betsie Valley Library open house; and more.Continued ...
Community in Brief: 12/07/2013
Child care for holiday shoppers; old-time country dance.Continued ...
Education Newsmakers: 12/07/2013
The following local graduating seniors were named Kiwanis Club of Traverse City Students of the Month:Continued ...
- Friday, December 6, 2013
Community in Brief: 12/06/2013
Torch Lake Association party; ISEA Great Lakes Seminar; and more.Continued ...
- Thursday, December 5, 2013
Community in Brief: 12/05/2013
Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus at GT Resort; Cottage Coffee program; "Meet Mr. Dickesn"; and more.Continued ...
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Community in Brief: 12/04/2013
Peace Corps get-together; GARSP group meets; visit with Santa in Kingsley; and more.Continued ...
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Community in Brief: 12/03/2013
Merry Marketplace; Cookie Extravaganza; Art lecture. (Plus more)Continued ...
- Monday, December 2, 2013
Northern Notes: Decorate Interlochen Mitten Tree
The Holiday Mitten Tree is up at the Interlochen Public Library, 9700 Riley Road, and ready to be decorated with new mittens, scarves and hats.Continued ...
Service News: 12/02/2013
Air Force Airman Ben Kubesh graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.Continued ...
- Saturday, November 30, 2013
Community in Brief 12/01/2013
Holiday art programs; Bear Lake's Sparkle in the Park; Christmas Village opens; and more.Continued ...
Community in Brief 12/03/2013
Extreme Precision Make-Over nominations sought; garden club meets for lunch; qualifying Lego tournament; and more.Continued ...
- Friday, November 29, 2013
Community in Brief: 11/29/2013
Library hosts P.J. Parrish; Community Film Series continues; history group potluck; and more.Continued ...
Community in Brief 11/30/2013
Pancake dinner; nutrition seminar; holiday concerts; Benzie Community Emergency Response Team re-organizing; and more.Continued ...
Community in Brief 11/29/2013
Holiday ornament workshop; Grand Traverse Academy concerts; Interlochen hosts children's party; and more.Continued ...
- Thursday, November 28, 2013
Community in Brief: 11/28/2013
Sale at St. Vincent de Paul; Samba drumming class; Holiday events; Aging Commission meets; Grand Traverse Dems meet; and more.Continued ...
- Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Community in Brief: 11/27/2013
Thanksgiving meal; authors support indie book store; senior food drive; and more.Continued ...
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Community in Brief: 11/26/2013
"Stop Senior Hunger" food drive; "Share and Learn" party at Grow Benzie; Commission on Aging meets; and more.Continued ...
- Monday, November 25, 2013
Northern Notes: Carrier goes 'above and beyond'
Traverse City resident thanks Record-Eagle carrier for his help.Continued ...
Service News: 11/25/2013
Army National Guard Pvt. Mark Send graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.Continued ...
- Sunday, November 24, 2013
Community in Brief: 11/24/2013
Holiday culinary and art classes; "Jazzy Christmas" concert; Northport welcomes the holiday season; and more.Continued ...
- Saturday, November 23, 2013
Community in Brief: 11/23/2013
Youth roller derby program; Christmas tree sales; St. Andrew Society celebration; and more.Continued ...
Education Newsmakers: 11/23/2013
The following area students graduated from Western Michigan University in the summer of 2013:Continued ...
- Thursday, November 21, 2013
Community in Brief: 11/21/2013
Christmas trees; St. Andrew Society; ‘Share and Learn.’ (Plus more)Continued ...
- Community in Brief: 12/10/2013