From staff reports
Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — MIDLAND — A Traverse City resident is among six Michigan students nominated for appointments to U.S. service academies.
U.S. Rep. Dave Camp, R-4th District, announced the appointments Thursday. Students must obtain a nomination from their U.S. representative or senator to be considered for an appointment to the U.S. Military, Air Force, Naval or Merchant Marine academies.
The appointments were:
- Andrew Benn, Alma, U.S. Naval Academy
- Brett Bultsma, Traverse City, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Maxwell Cullinan, Sumner, U.S. Military Academy
- Jacob Fong, Saginaw, U.S. Military Academy
- Christofer Valasek, Saginaw, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Zachery Wells, Midland, U.S. Military Academy