Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — Historical photo information, provided by readers, for the June 3 image:
• This is Pat’s Barbershop [Pat Robinson] on the South side of Front street, roughly across the street from which is now the office of the fire station.
• It’s just a guess but possibly “Joe’s Barber Shop” on West Front Street across the intersection from the present Ace Hardware. My dad would take me there when I was a youngster and Joe would always give his kid customers a complimentary stick of gum following the trim.
• It looks like Plamondon’s Barber Shop . It was next to Sleder’s in Traverse City.
• It looks like the barber shop across from the old site of the northstar bus stop near downtown.
• This looks like Robertson’s Barber Shop. I got my first haircut there in 1972 by Bob Classens.
• Trimmers on State St.; the owner’s son now has a Trimmers in Kalkaska.
• Bill Tibbetts Barbershop on Randolph, which was sold to Plamondon’s.