LELAND — Eighteen local authors and artists will be featured during the Northern Michigan Author and Artist Expo hosted by the Leland Township Library, from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7.
Exhibitors, who will be on hand to autograph and sell their works, include:
• David Anthony, author of the junior fiction series “Heroes A2Z” and “Knightscares.”
• Jim Carpenter, co-owner of 8180 Films and author of “Surviving My Happy Childhood,” a memoir.
• Scott Craig, an award-winning television documentary producer, author of “The Story Next Door” recounting 44 tales from his popular Public Radio series.
• Stella Otto, author of “The Backyard Orchardist: A Complete Guide to Growing Fruit Trees in the Home Garden.”
• Lynne Rae Perkins, winner of the Newbery Medal for the young adult book “Criss Cross.”
• Author/artist Tobin Sprout and his artist wife Laura Sprout will bring Tobin’s illustrated children’s book “Elliott and Tinky Puts His Little Moon To Bed,” as well as Laura’s “Life in a Box” art.
• Kathleen Stocking, daughter of Leelanau lumberman Pierce Stocking, chronicles her reflections of life on the Leelanau Peninsula in “Letters from the Leelanau” and “Lake Country: A series of Journeys.”
• Artist and illustrator Tom Woodruff, will share his children’s books including “Michigan: An Illustrated History for Children,” and “Great Lakes and Great Ships.”
• Traverse the Magazine owner/editor, Deb Wyatt-Fellows and managing editor Lissa Edwards will be on hand with copies of Fellows’ book, “Reflections of a Life Up North”, and “Beautiful Sleeping Bear Dunes.”
• Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli whose novels include “Gift of Evil,” “Dead Dancing Women,” and “Dead Floating Lovers.”
• Kay Charter, Executive Director of Leelanau County’s Saving Birds thru Habitat, will bring a variety of items suitable for gift giving.
• Anne-Marie Oomen is author of two memoirs, “Pulling Down the Barn” and “House of Fields,” both Michigan Notable Books as well as poetry, essays and plays.