“I love the people at the shows, and finding the ones who love rocks. It's really funny how some people glance at our products and walk right by, while others are drawn in like magnets,” she said.
The art fair season is about to get under way, and while many towns host the annual events, here are a few to whet your appetite.
• Start the season at the Old Town Arts and Crafts Fair from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. June 23, along Union St. between Sixth and Eighth. The annual juried fair will feature nearly 90 Midwest and national artists and craftsmen.
• On June 29 of the following week, the seventh annual juried fine arts fair Art Rapids! will take place on the shores of Grand Traverse Bay in Elk Rapids.
• The annual juried, invitational arts and crafts fair during the National Cherry Festival will be held on June 30 along Union Street, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• On July 17, the Glen Lake Women's Club hosts an art fair with more than 90 exhibitors in various media, including pottery, glass, fabrics, jewelry and more. The show will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Glen Arbor Town Hall on M-22 in Glen Arbor.
• In July, check out the 100 exhibitors at the 45th Annual Phyllis Olson Art Fair, July 19 and 20 at the Downtown Cadillac City Park.
• On July 20, 130 exhibitors will sell their works at the Petoskey Art in the Park in downtown Petoskey's Pennsylvania Park, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• And it’s art under the pines at the 52nd Annual Artcenter Traverse City Outdoor Art fair, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 27 on the Northwestern Michigan College Campus, 1701 E. Front.
• Don't-miss August shows include the Suttons Bay Art Fair, where 90 exhibitors will set up shop on the shores of Suttons Bay at the Suttons Bay Marina Park. Show hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 3 and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 4.