Walk, Run, Crawl this St. Patty’s Day
TRAVERSE CITY — If you seek a wee spot o’ St. Patrick’s Day fun this Saturday, try these:
• 9 a.m. The 4th annual Fifth Third Bank Leapin’ Leprechaun 5K race takes place in the Warehouse District. Dogs can enter the “Canine Costume Contest” and children 12 and under are invited to race with National Cherry Queen Sonya Sayler. For more information or to register, go to www.cherryfestival.org.
• 10 a.m. St. Baldricks Head Shaving at 7 Monks Tap Room
• Noon Pre-parade celebration at North Peak
• 1:30 p.m. St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The route beings at Hall Street,and follows Front Street to Pine Street to State Street, left on Park Street, left on Front Street and ends back at Hall Street.
• 2:30 p.m. Kilkenny’s Irish Public House post parade celebration
• 4 p.m. The Bernard J. Bun Brady Division One of The Ancient Order of the Hibernian’s Annual Lucky Leprechaun Ball. $10 Ticket price includes live performances of Song of the Lakes, The Wild Sullys, Blue footed Booby & Jim Bransky and the annual “Danny Boy” Singing Contest. Children under 12 are free.
Other St. Patrick’s Day events include:
• Join your friends and family at the East Bay Branch Library at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday March 15th for some Irish Music with the band Finnegan! All ages are welcome and invited to get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day with music, sweet treats and and old fashioned Irish craft. Call the library for details at 922-2085.
• The 18th Annual Pub Walk begins at Minerva’s at noon and includes Bubba’s, U&I, Union Street Station, Bootlegger’s, Dillinger’s, Brady’s, The Blue Tractor, Firefly Lounge and the State Street Grille. Please walk, don’t drive.
• Sleder’s Family Tavern hosts a corned beef and cabbage dinner Monday with green beer and an Irish moose to kiss.