• Traverse City Light & Power’s Board has reelected Patrick McGuire as chairman; John Taylor as vice-chairman; and Tim Arends, interim executive director of TCL&P, as secretary of the board. Each will serve a one-year term.
Jeff Palisin, newly appointed by the city commission, will serve on the TCL&P Board for a term of five years
• Lisa Seymour of Williamsburg has received certification in 10 & Under from the Professional Tennis Registry. Seymour, is one of several tennis professionals who teach at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Acme.
• Andrea Birkhofer was named the recipient of the 2013 Zonta International Club of Gaylord Area’s Young Women in Public Affairs Award for her commitment to fighting stereotypes.
• Buckle, Inc. has named Kaitlyn Haglund manager of its Buckle store at the Grand Traverse Mall.
• Boyne City was named a 2012 Tree City USA by the Arbor Day Foundation in honor of its commitment to effective urban forest management. This is the 9th year Boyne City has earned the national designation.
• Susan DeCamillis, chair of Northwestern Michigan College's business academic area as well as director of academic affairs, along with developmental English instructors Nancy Gray and Kristen Salathiel, have been named recipients of the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development award for teaching and leadership excellence in higher education.