From staff reports
Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — People
• The Prescription Shop & Home Medical welcomes Dale Maupin, RPh as the new managing pharmacist for the Honor location. Maupin began practicing pharmacy after receiving his degree from Ferris State University in 1983 and most recently owned and operated the Medicap Pharmacy by Chums Corners.
• Eric Dreier has been named to the TBA Credit Union board of directors. Dreier is a retired TCAPS teacher and principal.
• Traverse City based TranTek Automation, a maker of automation and robotic systems for the automotive, defense and general industries, has opened a new engineering and service facility in Kentwood, Mich.
• Three lawyers from the law firm of Kuhn, Darling, Boyd and Quandt, PLC have been named to this year’s US News and World Report “Best Lawyers in America”. James W. Boyd (bankruptcy); Edgar Roy III (litigation); and Joseph E. Quandt (environmental law and litigation) earned the recognition. Quandt was also recognized as the “Northern Michigan Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year” by the publication.
The Kuhn, Darling, Boyd and Quandt law firm additionally was recognized as one of America’s Best Law Firms for environmental law and environmental litigation.
• Sander Kushner, D.O., F.A.C.O.F.P., of Suttons Bay, was awarded the 2013 Distinguished Service Award by the Michigan Association of Osteopathic Family Physicians. The award is presented to a family physician who exemplifies the highest quality of dedication to the profession and the promotion of the profession in the state of Michigan.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to email@example.com, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.