Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — Achievements
- Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency has been named a chartered member of NeighborWorks, a nationwide network of more than 240 trained and certified community development organizations at work in nearly 4,000 communities across America. Working in partnership with others, NeighborWorks organizations are leaders in revitalizing communities and creating affordable housing opportunities for low-and moderate-income families.
- Mercy Hospital Grayling has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, whose study evaluates performance in 10 areas: mortality; medical complications; patient safety; average patient stay; expenses; profitability; patient satisfaction; adherence to clinical standards of care; post-discharge mortality; and readmission rates for acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, and pneumonia. This is the first time Mercy Hospital Grayling has been recognized with this honor.
In addition, Mercy Hospital Grayling has also been named as a 100 Top Hospital Everest Award winner, an honor given to only 17 of the 100 hospitals.
- The Comfort Inn of Traverse City was recently announced as a recipient of a prestigious 2013 Platinum Hospitality Award from world lodging leader Choice Hotels International, Inc.
- Team Elmer’s was recently recognized by the Builders Exchange of Northern Michigan during an awards banquet. Team Elmer’s scored accolades for their work on Silver Drive at Grand Traverse Commons involving deep muck excavations and innovative revamping strategies to generate a southern entrance into Grand Traverse Commons. Team Elmer’s also performed landscaping, storm sewer construction, area restoration and asphalt paving, all while maintaining traffic to existing businesses throughout the sprawling complex.
- Common Angle of Petoskey now offers full-service network infrastructure consulting and cabling services throughout northern Michigan. Kurt Ditlow has joined the team as a network infrastructure consultant.
- Pleva International Inc. has named The Peterson Company as a distributor for Pleva International’s Animal Health Division. The Peterson Company is an industry leader in specialty ingredients, processing technology and ingredient development serving the pet food industry for over 50 years. In 2006, Pleva, after spending over 20 years developing formulations that provide nutritional and health benefits for humans, began research and development to begin advancing formulations for the Pet Food Industry.
- Blarney Stone Broadcasting has changed format on WGRY–101.1 FM to the new Y101.1 YOUR Sports Talk station featuring CBS Sports Radio content including The Jim Rome Show. Y101.1 will also be home to Detroit Tigers baseball and Detroit Red Wing hockey.
- Jeff Craven, an elite cyclist and owner of Craven Cycling, is the first in Michigan to become a Certified Retül bike fitter. Retül has gained recent acclaim for being the most state-of-the-art bicycle fit system available using a cycling-specific 3D motion capture system that tracks LED markers placed at specific locations on a rider’s body to measure body angles.
- Marion Stephens, Farm Bureau Insurance agent in Traverse City, has earned the company’s Advisor of the Month Award for the second month in a row. The award is presented to veteran Farm Bureau Insurance Agents who demonstrate ability to help clients with the products they need and the service they deserve.
- Ken Schmidt, CEO of Coldwell Banker Schmidt, Realtors in Traverse City, has been awarded the “Chandler Barton Spirit” Award for his commitment and dedication to the guiding principles of the brand and his ability to achieve outstanding success in the face of a challenging economic environment. He was nominated by his peers throughout the Coldwell Banker system.
- Century 21 Northland was recognized for the best annual sales results throughout the region at the Century 21 Northern Michigan Broker’s Council. Northland agents Mike Annelin, Cory Beuerle, Bridget Carefoot and Suzanne Volz were recognized with Centurion Producer status, for standard-setting sales performance among Century 21 agents. Masters Producer awards were presented to other top-performing associates, including Camille Campbell, Carolyn Collins, Lou Anne Ford, Andrea Galloup, Connie Kroll, Meagan Luce, Bob McCall, and Ron Williamson, while Silver or Gold Sales Achievements were earned by Jon Becker, Faye Fitch, Renae Hansen, Mary Hoyt, David Kramer, Kevin Molby, Laura Sielaff, Jim Totten, Bill Wheadon and the two-person teams of Burt and Julie Williams and Linda Zajac and Julia Lilley.
- Charlevoix resident and Redi-Rock International marketing director Jacob Manthei is the newest member in Vistage Michigan’s Key Executive Program that empowers members to become stronger assets to their CEOs and teams.
- David W Shotwell, CFP, of Cheboygan and Ann Arbor has joined Rutter Baer Inc., a registered investment advisor firm based in Lansing and Lake Ann.
- miSpot has hired Anthony Dell’Acqua as the newest addition to their sales and marketing staff. He will take over duties as account executive overseeing the Northern Michigan territory.
- Bayside Allergy, led by Dr. James McClellan, has moved to a larger medical office on Munson Ave. across from the Days Inn. The new space and expanded staff are designed to allow Bayside Allergy to care for more patients and improve the overall patient experience. In addition, there will be extended hours for allergy injections and appointments on Saturdays. Bayside Allergy is currently accepting new patients and participates with most insurances.
- Dennis, Gartland and Niergarth of Traverse City has promoted three associates to new positions: Brian C. Dykstra, CPA, has been promoted from audit supervisor to audit manager. Rachel M. Brege has been promoted from staff accountant to senior accountant. Julie A. Burks, CPA, has been promoted from staff accountant to audit senior.