- Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency has been named a chartered member of NeighborWorks, a nationwide network of more than 240 trained and certified community development organizations at work in nearly 4,000 communities across America. Working in partnership with others, NeighborWorks organizations are leaders in revitalizing communities and creating affordable housing opportunities for low-and moderate-income families.
- Mercy Hospital Grayling has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, whose study evaluates performance in 10 areas: mortality; medical complications; patient safety; average patient stay; expenses; profitability; patient satisfaction; adherence to clinical standards of care; post-discharge mortality; and readmission rates for acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, and pneumonia. This is the first time Mercy Hospital Grayling has been recognized with this honor.
In addition, Mercy Hospital Grayling has also been named as a 100 Top Hospital Everest Award winner, an honor given to only 17 of the 100 hospitals.
- The Comfort Inn of Traverse City was recently announced as a recipient of a prestigious 2013 Platinum Hospitality Award from world lodging leader Choice Hotels International, Inc.
- Team Elmer’s was recently recognized by the Builders Exchange of Northern Michigan during an awards banquet. Team Elmer’s scored accolades for their work on Silver Drive at Grand Traverse Commons involving deep muck excavations and innovative revamping strategies to generate a southern entrance into Grand Traverse Commons. Team Elmer’s also performed landscaping, storm sewer construction, area restoration and asphalt paving, all while maintaining traffic to existing businesses throughout the sprawling complex.
- Common Angle of Petoskey now offers full-service network infrastructure consulting and cabling services throughout northern Michigan. Kurt Ditlow has joined the team as a network infrastructure consultant.
- Pleva International Inc. has named The Peterson Company as a distributor for Pleva International’s Animal Health Division. The Peterson Company is an industry leader in specialty ingredients, processing technology and ingredient development serving the pet food industry for over 50 years. In 2006, Pleva, after spending over 20 years developing formulations that provide nutritional and health benefits for humans, began research and development to begin advancing formulations for the Pet Food Industry.