- Traverse City native Jerome Schwind has been named executive vice president and chief operations officer for Isabella Bank in Mt. Pleasant. Schwind joined Isabella Bank in 1999 and has served in various leadership roles including chief integration officer and president of the Mecosta Division. Schwind received his undergraduate degree from Ferris State University and his MBA from Lake Superior State University. He is also a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Executive Development program, the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and the Rollie Denison Leadership Institute.
- The Grand Traverse Area Hospitality Association has named their board of directors for 2014. Melanie Olsen, of Lake ‘N Pines Lodge, is president; Saeth Gronberg, of Simmons Hospitality Bedding, is vice president; Rachel Jarosz, of Events North, is secretary; Justin White, of Interlochen Center for the Arts, is treasurer; Jeremy Martinchek, of Schmidt-Rogers Management, is past president.
- 360 Law has welcomed attorney Kelli Claxton to their staff.
- Brand Tonic has added Abby Walton Porter to its team of branding and design professionals. Porter will lend an innovative and focused eye to graphic design projects and the written word.
- Holly Gallagher of Horizon Financial has earned the Professional Plan Consultant designation. Gallagher, CFP, AIF has been working within the retirement planning industry for 21 years.
- Crystal Mountain’s board of directors and administration have announced the promotion of Stephanie Scott to Crystal spa director and Marcus Matthews to spa/wellness manager.
- The Dewey Insurance Agency, Inc., in Kalkaska, is marking its 40th anniversary. Founder Rodger Dewey, along with son, Patrick, and daughter, Christina, own and operate the independent agency, while also operating the affiliate Dewey Oil & Gas Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Vaughn Seavolt, funeral director and owner of Life Story Funeral Home in Traverse City for the past five years, is celebrating 25 years as a licensed funeral director. Seavolt has been honored by the Michigan Funeral Directors Association for his years of service.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.