- Northern Broadcast, Inc., home of 94.3/92.5 Music Radio the Fox FM, 97.5/98.9 WKLT and 105.5/106.7 ESPN, hired Alison Law and Lisa Leedy to develop advertising strategies for local businesses. Law, a Traverse City native, comes to Northern Broadcast after working in retail for 10 years and for a small, privately owned local business. Leedy, originally from Detroit, has nearly 10 years of experience in the mortgage, insurance and automotive fields.
- Traverse Dental Associates has added Joshua C. Van Horn, D.D.S., to their practice. Dr. Van Horn is a Traverse City native, a graduate of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, and practices in all areas of general dentistry.
- Nancy Henry joined EXIT Realty Paramount office in Traverse City. Henry returns to the real estate industry after having been in retail for the past nine years.
- L. Mawby Vineyards of Suttons Bay received a gold medal and six silver medals in the Seventh Annual Mid-American Wine Competition. This included a Sweepstakes Nomination for their Blanc de Noirs.
- Traverse City based Britten, the nation’s leading provider of creative print and production services, has become an approved vendor for United Way Worldwide. Local United Ways may now purchase official signage, wearables and promotional items directly from Britten.
- The Grain Train Natural Foods Market, in downtown Petoskey for more than 41 years and the only certified organic grocer in the region, has announced today plans to open a satellite market in Boyne City in the fall of 2013.
Have news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to email@example.com, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.