Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — People
• Events North has hired Rachel Jarosz as meeting and event manager. Events North is a full-service event management agency specializing in corporate and social events.
• David Smiddy has been named the top sales person in the nation by Hague Quality Water, Intl. This is the second year in a row that he has received this honor. Pure Water Works, Inc. has been providing water conditioning services in the Traverse City area for more than 30 years.
• Ryan Liabenow has been named the principal/managing partner of Webber Benefits Group, a human capita, health reform and benefits consulting firm providing rate relief, risk reduction and management solutions for business.
• Dawn Hemming, president of hemming&, has been invited to attend the Barron’s Winner’s Circle Top Independent Advisors Summit. Barron’s invites advisors representing the elite level of performers selected by the major custodial firms to attend this marquee event.
• Don Rigda has joined the staff of professionals at the Reynolds-Jonkhoff Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Traverse City. He has been a licensed funeral director for nearly 20 years.
• Soluble Systems, LLC, a medical products company, has announced that David Campbell has joined the firm as territory manager for northwestern Michigan. Campbell recently received a master's degree in business administration from Lawrence Technological University. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in management and organization development from Spring Arbor University. He completed his U.S. Navy service in 2010 as a petty officer first class. Campbell was also designated as a first class diver by the United States Navy Diving and Salvage Training Command.
• Lake Michigan Credit Union has announced a marketing partnership with builder, carpenter and HGTV host Carter Oosterhouse. Oosterhouse will become the “face” of LMCU going forward. Oosterhouse is nationally recognized for his work on a number of cable TV programs dealing with home renovation, design and community outreach. He is a Traverse City native, and a Lake Michigan Credit Union member.
• Arms & Cole Mechanical, a 100 year old plumbing, heating, and air conditioning firm in Traverse City, has added employees, Bill Fries, Jim Thorpe and Terry Olds to their staff.
• Renee Stout has been appointed to serve a two-year term on the Certifying Board of NALS, the association for legal professionals. She is employed at the Jay Zelenock Law Firm in downtown Traverse City, where she serves as receptionist, legal assistant, paralegal and bookkeeper. She has been employed in the legal field for more than 28 years.
• Deputy Kyle Egelski is the Grand Traverse County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Division Employee of the Year for 2012. He began employment in 1999 and is a former Marine who participated in Operate Enduring Freedom. He is a field training officer and a member of the Sheriff’s Office Honor Guard.
• James Bock, owner of Whitney Health Care Services, Inc. of Traverse City, has been installed as the 129th president of Michigan Pharmacists Association.
• Greenlight Marketing was honored with six wins at the annual ADDY Awards show held Feb. 21 at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. The Traverse City marketing communications firm received three gold ADDY awards, a silver ADDY award and a Special Judges ADDY award. The agency projects, all representing Traverse City clients, were: gold ADDY for the Traverse City Light & Power 100th anniversary booklet; two golds and one silver for the Traverse Health Clinic (the “Clinic”) individual posters; gold for the Clinic poster series; and a special judges' ADDY for the Clinic poster series.