• Events North has hired Rachel Jarosz as meeting and event manager. Events North is a full-service event management agency specializing in corporate and social events.
• David Smiddy has been named the top sales person in the nation by Hague Quality Water, Intl. This is the second year in a row that he has received this honor. Pure Water Works, Inc. has been providing water conditioning services in the Traverse City area for more than 30 years.
• Ryan Liabenow has been named the principal/managing partner of Webber Benefits Group, a human capita, health reform and benefits consulting firm providing rate relief, risk reduction and management solutions for business.
• Dawn Hemming, president of hemming&, has been invited to attend the Barron’s Winner’s Circle Top Independent Advisors Summit. Barron’s invites advisors representing the elite level of performers selected by the major custodial firms to attend this marquee event.
• Don Rigda has joined the staff of professionals at the Reynolds-Jonkhoff Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Traverse City. He has been a licensed funeral director for nearly 20 years.
• Soluble Systems, LLC, a medical products company, has announced that David Campbell has joined the firm as territory manager for northwestern Michigan. Campbell recently received a master's degree in business administration from Lawrence Technological University. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in management and organization development from Spring Arbor University. He completed his U.S. Navy service in 2010 as a petty officer first class. Campbell was also designated as a first class diver by the United States Navy Diving and Salvage Training Command.
• Lake Michigan Credit Union has announced a marketing partnership with builder, carpenter and HGTV host Carter Oosterhouse. Oosterhouse will become the “face” of LMCU going forward. Oosterhouse is nationally recognized for his work on a number of cable TV programs dealing with home renovation, design and community outreach. He is a Traverse City native, and a Lake Michigan Credit Union member.