Traverse City Record-Eagle
- Karl Bastian has joined PACE, a full-service marketing and communications firm based in Lansing. He is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the agency’s creative development and resources. Bastian is based in Traverse City.
- First-term county commissioners Dr. Daniel Lathrop, DPM, of Grand Traverse County and Karen Zemaitis of Leelanau County have joined the Bay Area Transportation Authority board.
- Cherry Wings Realty welcomes Sheryl Morton to its team of Realtors. As a United States Coast Guard military spouse, she has firsthand knowledge of the challenges and stresses that transferring and/or relocating may create for a family. Morton and her husband, CPO Sean Morton, transferred to Traverse City with the Coast Guard in 2011, their last stop before Sean retires with more than 25 years of service.
- ReMax Bayshore Properties, Ltd. received top recognition at the recent ReMax of Michigan annual conference. Maureen Penfold of Suttons Bay was named number five of all ReMax agents in the state.
- Shelly Brunette, real estate agent with Real Estate One in Traverse City, was awarded the Presidents Circle Award based on total sales volume. Ranked in the top 1 percent nationwide of Realtors, she has been selling real estate in the Grand Traverse region for more than 20 years.
- The Traverse Area District Library’s assistant director for public service, Jill Porter, has been selected from among more than 160 applicants nationwide, to attend the upcoming Public Library Association Leadership Academy: Navigating Change, Building Community.
- Brian Bartosh of Top O’ Michigan Insurance, based in Alpena and serving northern Michigan, has successfully completed the annual continuing education requirement of the Society of Certified Insurance Counselors.
- Grand Traverse Resort and Spa has been named among The Knot’s 2013 Best Wedding Venues in Michigan. The Knot is a wedding planning website that asked brides to rate and review their wedding vendors.