Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — Recognition
• Antrim Machine Products in Mancelona has received special recognition from Northwest Michigan Works!. The company was recognized for its success as an employer and Michigan Works! partner.
• Paperworks Studios, who produced Crestmark Bank’s 2012 “Joy” holiday greeting card, received an award of distinction out of 6,000 worldwide entries during the recent 19th annual Communicator Awards in the Greeting/Holiday Card and Design categories.
• A poster series created to promote the opening of Stormcloud Brewing Company in Frankfort is featured in the latest edition of Lurzer’s Archive; one of advertising’s leading creative publications. The posters were created by Traverse City-based writer Karl Bastian and feature the photography of Brian Confer, a commercial photographer and one of the partners in Stormcloud Brewing.
• Top O’ Michigan Insurance is now certified to offer Snapshot, an optional discount program from Progressive that helps safer drivers earn savings.
• Pine Hill Nursery and Landscape of Elk Rapids will celebrate 35 years in business this summer.
• Dr. Brian Klym, of Northwood Dental, has completed the IV Sedation course from the Georgia University Medical College.
• Allison Beers, owner of Events North, was selected as one of Michigan Society of Association Executives’ Rising Leaders of 2013. Beers, along with three others selected as Rising Leaders, will be featured in an all-member email highlighting their accomplishments, in the September/October issue of Association IMPACT magazine, and showcased on MSAE’s website.
• April Birch and Roberta Allen have received special recognition from Northwest Michigan Works!. Birch, an employee at Victoria’s Floral Design in Benzonia and Frankfort, is the PATH Program Customer of the Year. Allen, who works for MSU Extension in Benzie and Manistee counties, is the Dislocated Worker Program Customer of the Year.
• Amy Reynolds, sales manager and partner at Horizon Books, has been honored as the recipient of the 21st Annual Lyle DeYoung Downtown Achievement Award.
• Matt McCauley, the director of regional planning and community development for the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments, has been selected to receive a research fellowship to study the linkages between regional planning and workforce development in Europe. McCauley received the fellowship through the Urban and Regional Policy Program of the German Marshall Fund. He was one of just three recipients selected from a competitive pool of domestic and international candidates.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to email@example.com, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.