• Traverse City Area Public Schools has announced that Erich Wangeman has accepted the position of choir director at Traverse City West Senior High School effective for the 2013-2014 school year.
• The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification has announced that David Comstock, Scott Kopriva, Ben Taylor, Josh Klinglesmith and Eric Dickinson of Stanley Steemer of Northwest Michigan, Inc., in Traverse City recently qualified by education and examination as Certified Carpet Cleaning Technicians.
• Cone Drive Gearing Solutions congratulates the current employees and recent retirees who have reached 40 years of service in 2013: Carl Zywicki, Dave Garvin, Larry Thomas, Terry Popa, Dave Bogart, Phil Fry, Terry Weber and Jack Roush.
• Renee Stout, of Jay Zelenock Law Firm PLC, in Traverse City, has been elected president elect by the National Association of Legal Secretaries.
• Dawn Hemming, president of hemming& of Traverse City, has been asked to participate in a newly created Women’s Advisory Board representing SagePoint, FSC, Royal Alliance and Woodbury Broker-Dealers.
• Rick Venner is the newest member of the Walstrom Marine sales team of Harbor Springs. He brings more than 35 years of industry experience and is an avid sailor, boater and yachtsman.
• Fustini’s Oils & Vinegars is celebrating five years since opening their doors in downtown Traverse City. Earlier this month Fustini’s opened their fifth tasting room in Mackinaw City. Other locations include Ann Arbor, Petoskey, and Holland.
Got news? The Record-Eagle wants to hear from your business. Please send items about openings, expansions, staff additions and promotions, recognition and awards, achievements and related business news to email@example.com, fax to 946-8632 or mail to Business, 120 W. Front, Traverse City, MI 49685. Please include high-resolution photos if you have them.