- The Plascon Group promoted Betsy Zupin to customer service manager in bulk packaging and bioprocessing. She previously worked as a production supervisor. Monique Lerczak joined the company's food solutions division as a customer service representative.
- Janice Beyer was promoted to trust officer and portfolio manager for Northwestern Bank. She has 18 years of banking and investment experience and joined the bank's Investment/Trust/Retirement Services team in 2010.
- Zach Liggett rejoined the investment team at Financial and Investment Management (FIM) Group as a portfolio manager. He spent three years as co-founder and director of investments for Goldeneye Asset Management LLC and has more than a dozen years of global investment management experience.
- Wittock Kitchen and Bath opened a 4,100 square foot showroom at 1610 South Airport Road in Traverse City. It's a division of Standard Electric Co. of Saginaw and will be the region's largest Kohler Premier Showroom and features hundred of brands of kitchen and bath fixtures. It's open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Saturday by appointment. More information is available at www.wittock.com
- Goodwill's Paperworks Studio launched a new Regional Card Line highlighting attractions in northern Michigan. The handmade cards are made from recycled material and feature the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, the Great Lakes and a Traverse City Cherry card. More information is available at www.paperworksstudio.com
- Williams Chevrolet in Traverse City is serving as a donation site for the Fairfield family of Benzie County that lost its home in a fire this month. Items will be accepted through July at the Williams' showroom at 2600 U.S. 31 South. Requested donations include household items in good condition, and retail, restaurant, gas or cash gift cards. There's also been a family benefit fund established at Members Credit Union.
- The Northern Michigan Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) elected new board members for 2012-13. President is Debbie Poltorak from Interlochen Public Radio, while Charity Sawyer of Shoreline Fruit is vice president and Sheelah Walter-Reece of northern region Ferris State University is recording secretary. The communications secretary is Michelle Trumble of Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, while Dawn Gilbert of Munson Medical Center is treasurer. Wendy Gauthier of Popp Excavating is immediate past president.
- A ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new location of DRE Photography is set for Aug. 9 at 5 p.m. at 115 Ames St. in Elk Rapids. The business is owned by Andree Magsig.