TRAVERSE CITY — Voters returned some incumbents to their elected seats while welcoming a few challengers.
By 11:30 p.m. tonight, votes counted so far showed these contestants leading:
- Traverse City Area Public Schools: Scott Hardy and Erik Falconer
- Northwestern Michigan College board: Cheryl Gore Follette and Bob Brick
- 104th District state House: Republican incumbent Wayne Schmidt
- 35th District state Senate: Republican Darwin Booher
- 101st District state House: Republican Ray Franz beats incumbent Democrat Dan Scripps
- 105th District state House: Republican Greg McMaster
- Voters also decided several local ballot issues.
- Traverse City Proposal 1, to turn control of the city utility to the city government: No
- Traverse City Proposal 2, to give voters a chance to vote on power plants: Yes
- Senior Center Operational Expenses: Yes
- Grand Traverse County Road Commission Millage: No
See Wednesday’s Record-Eagle for full stories on each race and issue.