History Center of Traverse City
Traverse City Record-Eagle
---- — • Resort Hotel Burned Down — Neahtawanta hotel is a mass of ruins. It is supposed that the fire caught in the third floor from some unknown cause. It was built about seventeen years ago.
• There will be basketball practice for applicants for positions on the N.B.C. team at the rink tonight.
• Will Hammond, well known figure in police court, and victim of the recent accident near Illington Park in which he injured his leg, was locked up last night by Patrolman Ross. He was found wandering about in a local livery barn, not knowing where he was or what his destination might be. Justice Birdsall gave him a suspended sentence this morning upon his promise to leave the city.
• The Western Michigan Development bureau had a display of seeds, grasses and fruit in glass jars in the First State bank at Kingsley.
• Lost — Saturday on west side or West Front street, piece of music. Call Citz. Phone 1356-2r. Reward.
• NOTICE! Beginning Monday, November 3, all the leading drug stores will close at 8 o’clock until further notice.
• FANS ARE HOPEFUL — Football team expected to defeat Petoskey. Unless the unexpected happens between now and next Saturday, coach Dowden will send onto the field against Petoskey the speediest team which has represented the Black and Gold this season, and incidentally, one which should defeat the Northerners and put Traverse City back in the interscholastic running.