Film Fest Kicks Off With the Bite
Carrie and Don Sattler watched "Jaws" as lovestruck teens on a first date. Now 35 years into their marriage they hunkered into lawn chairs and windbreakers for another first — their first Traverse City Film Festival flick at the Open Space.Continued ...
- Grand Traverse County board to meet
- Deputies' union rep leaves loaded gun in bathroom
- Film Festival Schedule: 07/30/2014
- Film Fest Kicks Off With the Bite
Detroit water department placed in mayor's hands
Control of Detroit's massive municipal water department, which has been widely criticized by the United Nations and others for widespread service shutoffs to thousands of customers, has been returned to the mayor's office.Continued ...
- Potatoes for prison discarded after maggots found
- Projects in 5 counties fight blight, boost housing
- Power restored for most of 223,000 hit by storms
- Detroit water department placed in mayor's hands
Another View: No — Moving the RMV north of the Merrimack
There’s more to development than shuffling government offices.Continued ...
- Election Letters to the Editor: 07/30/2014
- Forum: Chinese students; another view
- Editorial: Early college programs offer TCAPS students head start
- Another View: No — Moving the RMV north of the Merrimack
- Opinion Poll
Ruthkoski leads by five strokes at TofC
Andy Ruthkoski plans to keep playing the Alpine Course at Boyne Mountain Resort exactly the same way he has played it to this point in the 23rd Tournament of Champions.Continued ...
- Bums slump continues
- Sports in Brief: Renowned instructor holding clinic at Resort
- Tournament of Champions Standings: 07/30/2014
- Ruthkoski leads by five strokes at TofC
Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive
The Spanx empire of stomach-flattening, thigh-slimming, jiggle-reducing foundation garments has expanded to include what the brand promises is the mother of all body-shaping miracles: Spanx jeans.
July 29, 2014 1 Photo
- Medical marijuana opponents' most powerful argument is at odds with a mountain of research
- Obama had crush on First Lady of Rock
- Spanx stretches into new territory with jeans, but promised magic is elusive